Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Tight Schedule

Don't get me wrong, I'm so thrilled spring is here, especially in Austin — is there anything better than wildflower season? But I've got to say, last week kind of freaked me out when it got up to 93 degrees...


Warm weather usually makes me incredibly happy and it totally did, but after living in South Florida, being able to actually wear boots and tights this winter was a bit of a novelty. And I liked it. A lot. I'm so smitten that this morning when I woke up and discovered it was 40 degrees, I felt actual excitement. I'm certain this is the last hoorah until next winter and trust me, I'm ready. I just really needed today.




Side note: I never thought I'd have to get used to being in front of a camera, but I DO. I look somber. I blame the tripod. Hopefully it gets better.




I adore this skirt, the print immediately caught my eye and I simply love a good turq/orange pairing. The combo is total old school Ho-Jos and I kind of love that too.


Since my first tripod experience was somewhat traumatizing, I walked it off with the munchkin... and ended up capturing him having a happy moment of his own. I don't think I could love him any more than I already do, but then again...




skirt, scoopneck tee and military jacket: Forever 21
hoodie sweater: "vintage" Brass Plum
necklace: Boston Proper 
tights and boots: Target
watch: TIKKR
sunglasses: Michael Kors

6 comments:

  1. Hey Hey Hey!!! So good to see you up about and blogging :) LOVE the skirt and that necklace is AWESOME!!! :) So good to see you... I cannot believe it :P

    Click here to Win a Dress
    ♡ from © tanvii.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that skirt! The whole outfit is adorbs. I totally didn't know what to wear today... it was 40º when I left for work, then 80º at lunch... crazy weather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First outfit post! Woo! I know that I get way excited when it's been cold out lately (actually I got a little excited about the couple frosts, even though I complained about the weather too). I think it gets easier to deal with the tripod, but I also tend to prefer photos where I don't have a great big smile or am staring directly at the camera, soooo I wouldn't consider myself that good of a source of advice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ladies, you all rock. Thanks so much for the support.

    Tanvi, I could totally see you rocking my necklace! I can't believe I'm doing this either?

    Jess, my outfit worked well for yesterday's weather because that hoodie sweater is so lightweight, I never got hot. The skirt actually reminds me of something you'd wear. :)

    Heather, it was such a great feeling to wake up to cool weather. I never thought I'd say that?! And I agree with you, I too like it when the subject isn't looking at the camera or smiling all the time. But I know that look on my face. I'm nervous! It totally didn't help that all the neighbors decided they would all take a walk while I was shooting. Color me intimidated! I probably took 30 shots or so and that was truly the only one that was somewhat acceptable. I have a lot to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Krista we all had that initial hesitation. I still have it. But it helps to remember bloggers are a community of sharers. We are none, perfect. We are all constantly evolving and changing. No blog stays exactly the same. With each post we share ourselves in that instant. Our inspirations, if we are lucky, inspires or amuses or distracts others.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your blog! And the outfit is so cute- the print on that skirt is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete