Friday, April 15, 2011

Fashion Fail, The Other #FF

So the lace get-up wasn't all I thought it would be, not a total failure, but not the brilliance I so dreamed of. They’re a little long in the legs and the color wasn't as delicious as I’d hoped. Eventually, I’ll post photos of how I wear ‘em. In the meantime, here they are in all their glory, snatched straight from the Zappos website.

Add caption
Please note I never had any intention of wearing them on their own. I just had high hopes of them peeking through a shorter-than-I'd-like-to-wear-in-public romper. YES, people. I bought a romper. 

My loooooooong torso makes it look like a Nair, "We wear short shorts," commercial. I rarely even wear shorts?! I love me a good pants jumpsuit but... 

Someone please tell me why I didn’t try them on at the store? 

Regardless, I do like them and wanted to give it a shot. So I hit the Internet… and here we are. 

I'm still going to try and find another version, I'm thinking cotton "bike" shorts, preferably with lace trim and I'd like them to be slightly shorter than the Betsey version. I still plan to wear these, likely under some dresses. I feel like a little peek-a-boo could be so cute... just a little. 

We’ll see. In the meantime, I beg. What would you wear them with?

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of pairing these with a romper (I, too, recently went over to the dark side), but also short shorts, or a too-short skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of these under a skirt or dress of the same length, that way just a teeny bit peeks through from under

    ReplyDelete