Tuesday, May 17, 2011

xoxo these nails

Looks like I'm not the only one indulging in colorful expression. The recently launched "xojanedotcom" has been consuming a fair amount of my time. And then I stumbled upon this (click on the link for a DIY tip)...
photo via xojane.com
Heavens to Betsy, I'm in love.

Let it be known that Jane Pratt was my idol in the day. Sassy magazine spoke to me in a way that's virtually impossible to explain. It spoke to me in a way that no other magazine did at that time. More importantly, it spoke TO me, not at me. The writers seemed to understand what it felt like to be young, different, opinionated, confident, lost... and they likely did.

Jane was just 24 years old when she started Sassy. Can you imagine? I've heard all kinds of stories about how crazy she is in real life. I'm not sure it matters to me. Hell, I can be crazy too at times. I'm just going to stick to being thankful that she still tries to speak to my generation. No matter how old we get.

No comments:

Post a Comment