Friday, June 17, 2011

It's Friday, I'm in LOVE

My Valentine's Day card from Sarah,
seems fitting for today's post.
It’s been too long! Will I be excused if I tell you I was in a car accident last month (and was in the midst of helping plan my parents' surprise 40th wedding anniversary)?

The car accident sucked, but the planning and the event were incredible! I truly feel blessed to be a part of my family. We have an amazing bond and I’m very thankful for it.

Laughter and love… it ruled the day and it rules my parents’ relationship. Their love is overwhelming and they thankfully passed that onto us. 

Perhaps that’s why I get so excited about the little things… and perhaps why “LOVE” is a pretty common word for me: “Love that!” or some other form of that phrase, can be heard at least once a day, whether someone’s telling me a story or I’m coveting a new candleholder.

So, today I thought I’d post a few things that are making me smile and utter the most-used word in my repertoire. Enjoy!




Frontman to Foodie
James Murphy, formerly of LCD soundsystem fame as aforementioned here, will be cooking at the roving French Food festival, Le Fooding, which also celebrates music! My kind of festival… This makes me LOVE him even more. It also happens to be in NYC this year, so it's somewhat more accessible to us. Some more details HERE





Peaked my Pinterest
I seem to have a new obsession every couple of years, Pinterest is my new favorite. I LOVE it for several reasons, the simplicity, the organization and most importantly, I get the feeling that I’m shopping without spending a dime. 





I’ve come up with fantastic DIY ideas and I’m finally starting to hone in on what I might want for our wedding, just about four years shy of our engagement (better late than never!). Are you on Pinterest too? Do you want to be? Share. I’m fascinated by what you find.




Food Trailer Fun      
Thanks to Scoutmob (there’s an app for that!) we got a whopping 50% off at Mighty Cone making it well worth the trek from work to South Austin. Scoutmob might just become this month's obsession. I believe it's better than the other coupon sites because you don't have to pre-buy it! Anyway, Food Trailer Friday commenced and it was brilliant, despite the 100+ temperature. I only wish I’d gotten today’s blackberry shake special. I can taste it now…

Happy Friday! 
XOXO

3 comments:

  1. I'm obsessed with trailer food! I'm still a Pintrest noob, but I'm liking it so far. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess, where have you been? I tried commenting on your blog the other day, but I couldn't get it to work. :( Hope all is well with you! So glad you're back. You were missed.

    Sunlovey, YOU are love (and always missed).

    ReplyDelete